Tuesday 19 March 2013

Morning Prayer

Morning Prayer evans mopol Tuesday, 19 March 2013 Joseph of Nazareth Preparation O Lord, open our lips Alland our mouth shall proclaim your praise. Let your ways be known upon earth, Allyour saving power among the nations. One or more of the following is said or sung: this or another prayer of thanksgiving Blessed are you, Lord God of our salvation, to you be praise and glory for ever. As a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief your only Son was lifted up that he might draw the whole world to himself. May we walk this day in the way of the cross and always be ready to share its weight, declaring your love for all the world. Blessed be God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All Blessed be God for ever. a suitable hymn, or A Song of Lamentation 1Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? • Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow, 2Which was brought upon me, • which the Lord inflicted on the day of his fierce anger. 3For these things I weep; my eyes flow with tears; • for a comforter is far from me, one to revive my courage. 4Remember my affliction and my bitterness, • the wormwood and the gall! 5But this I call to mind, • and therefore I have hope: 6The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, • his mercies never come to an end; 7They are new every morning; • great is your faithfulness. 8‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul, • ‘therefore I will hope in him.’ 9The Lord is good to those who wait for him, • to the soul that seeks him. 10It is good that we should wait quietly • for the salvation of the Lord. 11For the Lord will not reject for ever; • though he causes grief, he will have compassion, 12According to the abundance of his steadfast love; • for he does not willingly afflict or grieve anyone. Lamentations 1.12, 16a,b; 3.19, 21-26, 31-33 All Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning is now and shall be for ever. Amen. This opening prayer may be said The night has passed, and the day lies open before us; let us pray with one heart and mind. Silence is kept. As we rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence, O God, set our hearts on fire with love for you; now and for ever. All Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment